Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Drifter is lame

Drifter is lame behind, seems like the right hind. I think she may have a stone bruise that happened soon after she moved back to Toy Box. I thought I felt something slight last week, but she was noticeably lame today. I think I will try soaking on Friday and see if we turn up anything.

On the good side, she was super quiet and willing despite not being ridden in a week and having pain somewhere. She was willing to do more under saddle and the "lameness" did not get better or worse with work. She seems to really miss the daily contact with people (other then getting fed). I think I'll need to do a bath and beauty day if we get another warm day this fall.

1 comment:

  1. Horse health affects behavior, performance and reproduction. Owners must check their health especially if they are belongs to performance horses.

    ReplyDelete