Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vacation Motivation

The long absence from posting was due to my vacation. I was able to visit my friend in MD who is currently eventing her paint horse. This was very motivating and it gave me something to look forward to. If she can do it, so can Drifter and me!

I noticed Drifter being in heat for the first time since foaling. I know she's been in heat before, but it's hard to notice. This time she was "flirting" with the new mare at the farm. She was extra slow under saddle as well. She was good despite numerous distractions. We continued to work at walk and trot, leaving cantering on the lunge line. I want to work on canter so that we can do ground pole/cross rail jump school this fall. There is also a schooling dressage show in November that might be nice to take her to. I forgot that there were walk/trot tests. It's sort of a goal now.

Zee is doing good and is a REGISTERED AMERICAN QUARTER HORSE!! Now I just need to find her a new home. She is listed on Dreamhorse and Equine.com. I have a flier that I have printed out that I probably should take by the tack stores and whatnot. I am moving Drifter back to Toy Box at the end of September and I don't want to pay board on three horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment