Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Almost time

Drifter is letting me know that it is almost time to stop this riding business. He gave me a little crow hop when I got on last week. Just a little curl of the neck and all four feet off the ground. I really think this little hop was all about the fact that it was feeding time and she felt she was going to get left out! Hell, do not get between any pregnant female and her food in the last trimester.

Today I rode little Miss Mama again and she was just slow. Her lateral work is coming along nicely. However, I noticed that she was not able to maintain abdominal flexion during halt transitions. She was compliant, but I think my weight and the baby weight is probably not helping her back anymore- we outweigh what she can carry.

The foal is moving a lot. Today her tail head was softer then last week. Her thighs have relaxed as well. She will be moving at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment